Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Iran as a Stabilizing Force and the French, Part 2



Because I couldn't help myself, attached are pictures of my wife with that charming scourge of civilization, Jacques Chirac, and his bonehead foreign minister, Philippe Douste-Balzy, who made the Iran comment referenced in the last post. My wife's relatively intimate meetings with both of them (in a group of 20 Jewish leaders who spent hours with them and their staff) led her away with the observation of their charming and reasonable nature. Welcome to the world of world-class (particularly French world-class) politicians, Asia.

I used to think the French were just amoral, but I have grown to appreciate that they simply have their own logic, much unlike my own -- another reminder to take heed of the guiding philosophy underneath the title of this blog.

No comments: